Cranberry Brie Phyllo Purses
I like to make these cranberry and brie phyllo purses to serve as an appetizer during the holiday season. You prepare them in advance, keep them in the freezer and then pop into the oven for 10 min and serve any time you want. I know these look a lot like my wontons from a few weeks back – I use the same technique. It’s quick and it works well. I’ve experimented with different fillings over the years and always come back to the brie and cranberry.
For easy assembly, the ingredients should be cold. Use cranberries direct from the freezer and pre-chop the brie into small pieces and chill in the freezer on a platter while I prepare the phyllo squares. This makes both the cranberries and the pieces of cheese easy to handle without any mess.
- Lay out 3 sheets of phyllo, brushing melted butter between each layer
- Cut sheets into 20 squares. I find a pizza wheel works great for this
- Put a piece of brie and a cranberry into the center of each square
- Brush melted butter along the edge of each square
- Gather corners together and pinch to stay closed
- Place on cookie sheet and freeze
- When ready to serve – bake at 400 for 10 min or until lightly golden